What are your plans for this holiday season? Why not include some meaningful financial planning conversation while you pass the turkey?
Every family has a “Financial DNA”…a set of unique values and personality around money. These values guide life decisions that have economic impact. For example, if community is important to you, you might choose to spend $20 on diapers for the local emergency shelter instead of going out for coffee. Or if you want to see your family members hone a natural skill to excellence, you might choose to live a more simple life now to set aside financial resources for college or training for them in the future.
If you find yourself desirous of cultivating that DNA for future generations, here are some questions to spark conversation.
- What’s important to you about money?
- What is your definition of wealth?
- What would you like to do for your community?
- What do you want to do for the world at large?
- What charitable causes tug at your heart?
- What would your ideal weekend or vacation be?
There’s no right or wrong answer. And hopefully by starting the conversation, you will have had a chance to begin defining your family mission.
Sterling Wealth Management
301 North Neil Street, Suite 203
Champaign, Illinois 61820